Saturday 19 September 2020

September Fully Finished Gallery

 I have to confess that I have been very bad yet again and only have one fully finished object to show. Felix still hasn't had time to frame the Temperature Stitch, and while I did just finished an ornament (that I plan to finish-finish tomorrow), I can't show it to you just yet as it's for an exchange.  I'm not too worried, though - I just know some time I will be in the mood to finish-finish a couple of things from my box of shame and make up for this! So for now, I can only show you the August Bookmark again:


I first did the cross stitch and backstitch within the design before adding the backstitched outline. When I backstitched the diagonal, I folded the fabric over to get a clean edge. Then I sewed the other two edges to a matching green felt to form a kind of 'sleeve' to stick on the corner of a book. It was a super quick stitch and I had to improvise a bit with the finishing (Magical hadn't gotten around to doing a tutorial yet), so I am very pleased with myself for figuring things out on my own!


8 comments:

Pamela said...

Great finish and design.

diamondc said...

Leonore: Your book mark is lovely.
Have a lovely week.

Catherine

Sheryl said...

I think it is a lovely bookmark and great way to use up designs on tiny scraps of fabric.

Carol said...

Well, one finish is better than none, right? I have been so bad lately about procrastinating in my finishing! I have so many smalls stitched, but then they just sit on my table staring at me begging to be finished... Hope the finishing mood strikes soon. Enjoy your last week of September, Leonore ♥

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Small but perfectly formed, as they say!

Susan said...

I have always loved those corner bookmarks - yours is no exception. Perfect finishing. I've decided to stop calling my unfinished-finished things "shameful" - they're future finishes now. Much less pressure.

FlashinScissors said...

Love the bookmark! It’s so pretty!
Your black work is gorgeous!
Wow, love the temperature stitchery, I haven’t seen this one before!
Great stitching Leonore!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Rachel said...

Don't worry... this is supposed to be a stress-free SAL!
The bookmark is so sweet, and unusual compared to the normal design.
Thanks for taking part! :)