Monday 15 June 2020

The People's Choice SAL: Dragonflies

Every first Saturday of the month (you see how far behind I am?) is Jo's 'The People Chose' SAL, and this month, the theme is dragonflies! I went through my old finishes, but couldn't find a single shimmering wing, so this could be a very short post, but I did some digging. Not in my stash (that just makes me want to start ALL THE THINGS), but my Etsy wishlist, and I found two really lovely dragonfly charts I might want to stitch some day :)

The first one is a hardanger ornament by Durene Jones. Maybe someday I will be brave enough to try it?


The other is this really pretty ornamental dragonfly designed by FuzzyFox Designs. Isn't it pretty?


6 comments:

Pamela said...

Both are gorgeous!

Astrids dragon said...

That would be a beautiful one to stitch from Durene Jones, it's so pretty.
The FuzzyFox is a lovely one too.
Looks like you'll need to add to your stash!

R's Rue said...

❤️

Sheryl said...

Two lovely designs you have shown - I`d like to embroider the Durene Jones hardanger one.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. Those are two beautiful dragonflies. We actually saw a real one on our walk this week which was nice.

Rachel said...

I wouldn't attempt it myself, but a little bit of cross stitching with some delicate hardanger does make for a pretty ornament. And who doesn't love an excuse to use some variegated thread? Maybe these two beautiful dragonflies won't be on your wish list too much longer! :)