Friday 26 June 2020

June Gifted Gorgeousness

So much for getting caught up on these posts! But I'm almost there, I promise. So this is Gifted Gorgeousness, where you all talk about gifts we make and stuff we make with gifts. And I have an surprising amount of gift projects to report this month!

Let's start with some repeats - the Hummingbird Bookmark and The Mermaid, both all finished up and for the probably last time (well, until some throw-back picture SAL has be dig them out again):



Since I had my big knitting finish last month, this time I went with some crochet. I have some baby gifts to make, but also have plans to clean some of those almost-finished small projects out of my WIP list, and the first one I picked up was this BB8 amigurumi from Frog and Toad I started in 2016. And he really only took about 3 more hours to get done, so I have no idea why I let him lay around for this long! He wasn't even supposed to be a gift to anyone, but when Felix saw how cute he turned out he just snatched him up, so I guess he was force-gifted?


Next up I started another ragdoll for a coworker's little girl, a little sheep this time. I already finished the head, body, one arm and one leg, so she shouldn't take too much longer! Which is good, because I have an evergrowing list of gifts to make (current count: five more babies to make stuff for).


And just hot of the needles, I just stitched up the June bookmark today! A very quick stitch this time, all perle floss on 8ct aida. I'm making this bookmarks to have a little stash of quick emergency gifts, and this is the 6th one. I hope to finish-finish it this weekend!


8 comments:

Susan said...

Love the hummingbirds and the mermaid is exquisite! Very cute crochet projects. I would have gifted BB8 to me if I'd seen it :-). Amigurumi is on my list of things to try. That little sheep is sweet and you made great progress on it. 5 more babies!?! you are going to be busy but you will have Gifted Gorgeousness posts for a while.

Pamela said...

Good job on all your gifty projects! That sheep is so adorable!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month, well before the end of the month too!
BB8 is so cute, I can see why Felix grabbed him.
You are having a bit of a baby boom this year, good thing crochet and knitting is quicker than cross stitch!

Mini said...

The bookmark is beautiful and sure lot of work for a such a small piece.
You must be so proud of the Mermaid finish.
It is a smart idea to keep gifts ready for last minute emergencies.

Tiffstitch said...

Love these!! BB is so cute, of course Felix nabbed him. Good luck with the baby gifts, that is a lot! I managed a narwhal once for one. ;)

Astrids dragon said...

You already know I love your first two finished pieces, and BB8 is adorable! Your little lamb is off to a good start and you will be busy with five more gifts to make.
Sweet June bookmark and nice to have on hand for a quick gift.

Rachel said...

I never thought I'd see a crocheted BB8, but he's so sweet; it's no surprise Felix snaffled him for himself! Your other gifts are really sweet too; working on 8ct must have seemed especially strange. I can't recall reading another post where anyone has worked on such low count fabric. :)

FlashinScissors said...

That’s a good idea to have book,arks ready for gifts!
Love the lamb, he’s really cute!
Lovely finishes too!
Hugs,
Barbara xx