Saturday 27 June 2020

Presenting the Zoe Box

I actually had a new start this month that I am very excited about! I could have included this into the Gifted Gorgeousness yesterday, as I am stitching it as a wedding gift for a couple of friends, but I did want to introduce it properly first, so here we go.

So...I don't often see a chart that I just have to buy unplanned without a second thought, but when I saw the Zoe Box on FabyReilly's shop at the beginning of the year, it stole my hear right away! It's this gorgeous box (and I'm a tiny bit intimidated by the actual construction of that box in the end), full of gorgeous leaves and flowers, small critters, and a ton of specialty stitching. Everytime I click on that side I can't stop looking at the pictures! The fabric and Coloris threads I bought with my birthday money in March, and then I had to be real patient and finish Lady Justice and The Mermaid before starting Zoe and making her my new focus project!

So here are my first ten hours of progress - I stitched the outline of the first segment, the outside of the box itself, and finished the cross stitch on the fall panel and most of summer.


She'll come out to play a lot more often now! Hopefully in the next rotation, I'll be able to finish the cross stitch in this section, and maybe start with the extensive backstitching...or put in a few specialty stitches!

7 comments:

Pamela said...

I love this project! Can’t wait to see more of it.

Carol said...

Oh, I can't wait to see your progress on this box design, Leonore. What a lovely gift you are making for your friends wedding!

Mini said...

This is beautiful and I can understand why you couldn't help yourself from buying it.
Best of luck with finishing it.

Tiffstitch said...

Oh cool! That does look intimidating, but I'm sure you can do it!

Astrids dragon said...

You're off to a great start, I'm looking forward to seeing this come together.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The box is wonderful and such a good price too. It mostly looks like whip stitching which is fine. And an adorable biscornu on the lid!

Rachel said...

I've just popped over to the website to see what all the fuss was about and can see why you fell in love with it at first sight. Mind you, the little squirrel on its own is enough to melt anyone's heart... well, mine at least! I wonder if you'll grow too fond of it to want to give it away? :)