Wednesday 5 February 2020

January Temperature SAL


For the latest slot in my ten-hour-rotation, I cheated a little. I first stitched up Felix' Valentine's Day card for this year, which took me a total of 11 hours and 12 minuts. I'm not going to show it just yet, though - you'll get to see it on/after the 14th, for Jo's Valentine's blog hop and then for the Fully Finished Gallery as well, sorry!

Next, I started Magical's Temperature SAL, to which I am also linking up with this post. I adjusted the temperature range a little - hers covered -20 to + 46°C, and I probably wouldn't have been able to use more than have of the colours. My range covers all the temperatured I saw in last year's temperature stitch, so that should be a good fit. Then I mapped out the colours I would need for January, picked up a piece of fabric, and spent 2 hours and 40 minutes stitching!


It took me a tiny little bit to really 'get' her pattern - each two of these 'flowers' are a week, with the same days always being represented by the same parts of the flowers - but then it went smoothly, and I'm looking forward to February. I will, however, probably be stitching the whole month at the beginning of March yet again; it's just easier and quicker to not have to switch colours all that much.

Next up: Back to Lady J, but I have a few more things to write about in the meantime.

4 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely start to the Temperature SAL. I agree, doing a month at a time will work best for this one.

Tiffstitch said...

Cool! That's a neat idea. I keep thinking about one of these, either stitched or knitted.

Sandra L said...

Love the spread of colors you got! I think I will be stitching all of mine at the end of each month aswell, tho I am following the daily temperatures with great curiosity and excitement! :D

Rachel said...

That's a great start and looks so pretty. Any chance of showing us the colours you have chosen and the temperature ranges they will cover, or is that to be kept secret until they appear? :)