Wednesday 5 February 2020

The People's Choice SAL: Pinguins

It is once again time for Jo's 'The People Chose' SAL and this month, the topic is 'Pinguins'! From what I've seen so far, a few of us are struggling with this topic - while small and cute, pinguins are not all that common in stitching. Personally, after going through all of my olf pictures, I don't think I've ever made one. So I can only share some pictures from my stash with you.

The first one is fromm Brooke's Books Freebie Advent Animals - I want to stitch them all eventually, and #7 is Pierre, the Pinguin! Isn't he classy?


You might remember the crochet 'ragdolls' (I just recently learned that's what they're called) I made last year - the Crocodile, Hippo and Panda? There's a pinguin in the same book those came from (and a second book I really need because it has sloths and llamas...but that's a different story), and he's on my to-make list as well:


My friend Magical also released a very cute pinguin pattern last year, in case you need to quickly stitch something for the SAL: click here


7 comments:

diamondc said...

Oh my that crochet penguin is so adorable.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. Pierre is such a dapper penguin! Magical's is very cute too.

Pamela said...

I want to stitch the advent animals too. They are all so cute!

Tiffstitch said...

I feel like there was a dearth of stitched penguins in most of our posts, and I love that crocheted one!

diamondc said...

Leonore: Oh so cute.

Catherine

jocondine said...

The advent calendar penguin is on my list too of course and your so cute ragdoll is adorable. xxx

Rachel said...

You're right, I haven't really seen one stitcher who's stitched loads of penguins. They tend to appear occasionally either in sets or on Christmas cards. Pierre and the crocheted penguin are certainly cute - more for your to-do lists! :)