Monday 2 September 2019

August WIPocalypse

It's high time for another one of those WIPocalypse checkin thingies! Actually, I'm a week late, but I did want to finish my SALs for the month and I can't very well do that before the month is over. We'll get to those in a moment, but first, let's talk about this month's question, which is What do you have on your stitching bucket list? I think my answer will be really similar to lots of other people - I want to do more specialty stitches, I want to stitch a Chatelaine someday, and I really want to learn more about different techniques like Hardanger, Gold Work, or Black Work. Now if only the days had 40 hours! Oh, and I want to stitch all of the Mucha Princesses and the Disney Dream collection...so, better make that 60 hours :)

Now, I did get all of my August SALs stitched - Mamluk and the Blackwork SAL are up to date, and I'm itching to get them finished now, and I did stitch all of August on the Temperature SAL as well - it's cooling down a little, and while the last few days were still uncomfortably hot, we didn't have another heatwave, so that's good, isn't it?




I also managed to get my WIP list down by another counter to 45. I'm seriously doubting I'll manage to get to 30 before the end is out, but I'm still hoping for under 40 at the least.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Slowly but surely... one less is one less! :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work on keeping up with the SALs. The Temperature SAL looks particularly good.
Do you add your Finishes Page at the end of the year or keep a running total?

Pamela said...

The temperature SAL is fabulous!

Astrids dragon said...

It's nice to have the colour in the temp chart, but no heatwave is a good thing!