Sunday 8 September 2019

Finish it in - September Edition

I'm just a few days late and still in the right week for this SAL, so I guess that's a win :)

I'm still working on my list of six projects that I want to finish before the end of the year:

1) The Mermaid
2) Reindeer
3) Wuffi the Dog
4) Whacky Witches in Stitches
5) March Fobs
6) Viajante

I worked on three of them, one is a finish and one is getting really close!  The very, very close one is, of course, my Mermaid. I've been stitching on her like mad all week and this is were I got (but I'm guessing that's at least ten more hours to finish the cross stitching...still, it's exciting!)






Then there are my Whacky Witches, and I am very happy to report that I managed to finish the last part and they're all done now! No idea how to finish-finish them yet (I don't really want to frame them, they're arkwardly big for a seasonal decoration), but I had so much fun stitching them.





Last up is Viajante - no new picture as the progress is really hard to see, but I weigh my yarn again - I went from 210 to 186g left, so I used up almost 25g this month!

 So now my list is down to five - I'm quite tempted to add another one of my mid-sized cross stitch projects on there to focus on, but I think I'll profit more from trying to actually finish the remaining five, so five is what it'll be:

1) The Mermaid
2) Reindeer
3) Wuffi the Dog
4) March Fobs
5) Viajante

9 comments:

Pamela said...

Great progress this month. One finishing idea for the witches - make it into a table runner. Seasonally appropriate fabric on each side. Just an idea.

Rachel said...

Congratulations on your Whacky Witches finish! It's so cute, especially the dancing witch at the bottom. The border is really effective too. Good luck working out how to FFO it; as a non-standard shape it's going to require quite some thought!
And well done in not taking your list back up to six - yes, concentrate on the five left. Mermaid is almost there so it won't be too long until you're down to four. :)

Babs said...

I love them. I don't have any deadline but i'm debating wether I should take another wip out or not.

Carol said...

Oh, that witches finish is adorable, Leonore! Well done! And only 10 hours left to stitch the mermaid? You're almost there--well, until the beading begins, that is :)

Enjoy your week!

Magical Mystery said...

You have been making great progress with all of your projects this year! And such beautiful projects too!

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you! I feel like I need to set deadlines for myself, or I get distracted all the time and never finish anything. That's just how things work best for me :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you :) Will you be hosting this SAL again next year? I feel like it's been a very effective format for me.

Magical Mystery said...

I have been a bit unsure about this as not many people have been joining in and personally I'm not really getting much old stuff finished - but that's also due to me having crap health and the KLT vs Jodyri sneaking in too hehehe

Leonore Winterer said...

That's true, that challenge really was the nemesis of getting stuff done! And your health surely did a number on you this year. I'd be happy if you chose to continue, but think I will do so either way in some form :)