Tuesday 24 September 2019

A Weekend Victory

It feels a little strange to write a blog post that is not the check in for some SAL, but I do believe I am actually caught up on all of those for the month, and there is something I really quickly need to share with you:


I didn't get much stitching done this pat IHSW, but on Sunday afternoon I sat down for about an hour to fill in the last couple stitches on the Mermaid, and now the regular cross stitch is all done! There's still a bit of work to go, but this calls for major celebrations. I have since made a little start on the over one stitching of her skin, and that is pretty easy - no blends, less different colours, not a lot of confetti. I feel like I can easily throw in a hundred stitches here and there and make decent progress. But just seeing her like this makes me really happy!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Congratulations on reaching the big goal on Mermaid! I'm sooooo happy for you! I can't wait to see the skin stitched to bring her to life. Are there any other bits to do or will the skin be the last thing? :)

diamondc said...

Leonore: She is lovely, I bet you are doing a happy dance.
I am looking forward to seeing her framed.

Catherine

Dianna said...

Wow, it's beautiful! I can only imagine what the finished picture will look like!

Carol said...

Great job on finishing the regular cross stitching, Leonore! Your mermaid will look even prettier when she has her face :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Oh wow, I hadn't realised you still had the skin to do! That border is stunning.

Astrids dragon said...

Oh, she is so close! I can't wait to see her finished!

Renee said...

Beautiful!