Wednesday 4 September 2019

August Stitchy Pie

Oh boy...another month is over, and with August gone, we're heading straight for autumn. Didn't the year just start? Where has it all gone? It doesn't help that I've been extremely tired those last few days and time is just flying by. I really hope everything will stay calm now for a bit!

In any case, it's a new month, and thus time for a new stitchy pie. I did manage to get quite a bit of crafty time in again, so here we go:



That's a pretty long list, but considering I finished six of these (Summer Jacoby, Husky, Whacky Witches, the Sashiko Coasters, the BSJ and the Hippo) that's pretty okay, I guess! By the way, I totally forgot to show the Summer Jacoby, I had planned to include them in my GG update - they're a new pair of wrist warmers for my grandma, made from a more summerly yarn (45% cotton, 55% Acrylic) so could wear them at night more comfortably. It's the same yarn used for those colour-changing yarn cakes, only solid, and it was an absolute joy to knit with!



I've also made progress on the Sekamelska shawl and finally finished part 5. It's growing slowly, but I still enjoy working on it! I made a start on part 6, but that actually happend this month. Do you see the little trees? They are fun (and hopefully will be very pretty once I added the next row to hold them in shape), but they do take forever. It took me about 90 minutes to get that far, almost 5 minutes per tree, and there are almost 50 of them in this row, and than 50 and some again a few rows later!






I'm saving the Husky for the Fully Finished update (spoiler alert: it's really cute), and a few things are scheduled to come up with the Finish It In (maybe tonight, but more likely later this week), and the Pumpkin Hat wasn't a proper start yet, I only played around with the yarn a little, so between that I think you've seen everything I have to show right now :) This month, I'm planning to get a lot of time in on the Mermaid, as I'm on a bit of a sprint to get the cross stitching done...we'll see how that goes!

7 comments:

Pamela said...

Another 90+ hours in the month! Amazing!

Rachel said...

Great pie, made up of so many projects! Good luck with pushing towards finishing Mermaid; if you keep up your August pace in September the finish shouldn't be that far away. I'm getting excited for you! :)

Sarah said...

You certainly were busy in August.

Astrids dragon said...

That's a lot of stitching, and so many finishes too!
The wrist warmers look great, that blue is beautiful or is it a light purple?
All those trees, almost a forest!

Carol said...

Well, I look forward to seeing your Husky all finished up :) Love the shawl and it's colors remind me of summer (which I so hate to say goodbye to). The wrist warmers look like they'll be very warm for winter--I'm sure your grandma will love them, Leonore! Hope your Mermaid stitching is going well!

Leonore Winterer said...

I guess I was! :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a great pie - so many different projects there!
I must dig out my fingerless gloves, I think I'll need them in the stockroom if not on the shopfloor itself.