Wednesday 18 September 2019

September Gifted Gorgeousness

Whelp, that's me, being a few days late again - I could have posted on Sunday, but figured I could manage a finish by delaying by a few days. Not that I have anything to show for it, so I'm just going to post anyways :)

First up is, as usual, my Mermaid. I know I've been saying this for a while now, but I'm really closing in on finishing the regular cross stitch and it *might* just happen this week - look at how little is missing! It's really just two colours plus a couple odd stitches at this point.





I've also pulled out Lady Justice for a bit - I think I only put in 600 stitches for a challenge, but is still shows. It's nice to work on something that actually grows quickly!




 The project I've been meening to finish is a new one - there is yet another baby I have to craft for, and this time I'm making a cute bib with rabbit ears. I actually went to a crafts meeting at a local store last weekend (I've been meaning to go for ages), and while talking with the other ladies (it was a little awkward at first because I knew noone, but you know how it goes, crafters always find some common ground) I finished all of the bits, I only need to sew them together!





And just for good measure - I already showed you my Husky, but she was a gift, so here she is again:


13 comments:

diamondc said...

Leonore: You are amazing, I love all your designs.

Catherne

Pamela said...

The mermaid is so close! Great progress.

DJ said...

My goodness, your work is beautiful!! That husky is just too darling! I know you are anxious to finish your mermaid....but those big projects take time. Can't wait to see how it looks finished, though...no pressure *wink*.

Carol said...

You are at the age when many babies will be appearing. It seems that my son and his wife are always buying baby gifts for their friends :) Nice progress on your Mermaids, Leonore--maybe next time the stitching part will be completed! Have a great day :)

Susan said...

I have been horrible at reading and commenting lately. Now that summer is coming to an end, I hope to change that. Everything looks amazing. I can't wait to see the completed bib and you did a great job on Maggie. Best of luck getting the time to put those last stitches into your mermaid.

Elfie said...

Lovely work. Your bib is very special.

Sarah said...

The colors in your mermaid are beautiful!

Leonore Winterer said...

I am glad to know that you are still following, and looking forward to seeing more of you again soon-ish :) Thank you! The bib will need some self-persuasion to actually finish, but I hope to get there soon.

Leonore Winterer said...

Thanks! Teresa really is the queen of shading, and these colours are very soothing to work with as well.

Bethan said...

Oh I love the bib! I hope you made it with the Mermaid!

Rachel said...

Great gifts. I can't believe how Mermaid has suddenly gone from 80% to 99% complete. Your needles must have been smoking! Looking forward to a Happy Dance soon! :)

Ariadne said...

Wow the mermaid will definitely look gorgeous. AriadnefromGreece!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Mermaid is sooooooo close now, it's very exciting!