Wednesday 2 October 2019

September WIPocalypse

As our hostess Measi said, I have no idea where September went! October and fall just snuck up on me, although I can't say I'm complaining too much about their arrival as this time of the year usually starts getting a lot less busy. Right now, I have a lot on my plate, both professionally and private, but I have a few days off work starting tomorrow and hope to cross some things off my list during that time, and recharge enough to make it until Christmas!

Now for the only-slightly-late WIPocalypse post - the question of the month is "What finishing style have you never tried but would love to do?" I managed to try some new things this year, including a round ornament, but there are still lots of things left to try. I really want to work on my sewing skill for more elaborate finishes like project bags, pillows, or quilts, and I also want to do more in terms of 3D finishing.

As usual, I've finished my monthly work on the three monthly SALs I participate in, and as usual, I've been having a ton of fun doing so. First I stitched the Mamluk SAL, finishing another row of the design - I think October (or maybe November) will probably reveal how the last part will look like, which I'm really looking forward to!


The Temperature SAL is back in the greens and yellows. I rather enjoy being out of the reds and oranges, but hope we'll continue to see yellow for a bit yet before we dive down into the blues!






Last but not least, there is the Blackwork SAL, which I only stitched yesterday. This month had a bit of a bigger section to stitch, which was really fun - after doing a few rows, I got into the flow and could continue right without looking at the pattern. I hope the remaining thre sections will be just as fun!






WIPocalypse is also hosting another 'one a day' event for October, in which we are encouraged ti choose one project to work on every day, and be it for just one stitch. I have, once again, chosen to work in The Mermaid, hoping to finish the skin this month. I already finished most of a hand these past days:



Lastly, for my list of shame WIPs, I'm back up to 48 after having 3 new starts - one of them is the Bunny Bib, which is still awaiting being sewn together, the other two will make an appearance, and hopefully be finished, soon as well.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Sorry things have been so busy for you, Leonore! Hope October is an easier month and you have more time to create :) Lovely progress on all!

Rachel said...

Great work! I'm very impressed you're still keeping up with your pretty SALs, and keeping your WIPs under 50. Good luck continuing the over one stitching; the skin's looking good so far! :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work on the SALs. Clare's Tenperatures are still in the oranges and yellows!
The hand looks rather creepy on it's own - work the arm, quick!