Thursday 24 August 2023

August Gifted Gorgeousness

Hello, lovely people! I'm a little late, as usual, so sign up with Jo's Gifted Gorgeousness, the SAL dealing with all things gifted and giftee, so that's nothing new, but...I actually have some stitching to show! Gasp! Actual stitching, no knitting or crochet! And it hits multiple spots for this SAL too, so bam! 

Story time first. In just about three weeks, I will be attending my very first stitching retreat in Basel, Switzerland. There will be a small exchange, so I have to stitch and finish something...and that information came right in the middle of my stitching slump. Great timing! I pushed it off for a long time, but eventually went through my patterns and picked something out that just barely fulfilled the size requirements of the SAL. But at least I was stitching. I got about halfway through the design, then I started feeling bad because I took such an easy way out, so I went back to the drawing board, bought a new pattern (at least it was one I had been planning to get for a long time) and started stitching that. I'm actually loving it and I'm about 70% done, so I decided to 'log in', finish my first attempt and show it for this SAL, so now that it will be 'public' there will be no turning back! So, after all the dramatic introductions, what *did* I stitch?

Wear a Smile by Lizzie Kate! I won this chart in a giveaway from the lovely Tiffstitch back in 2017, vowing to stitch it 'soon'...so I guess soon is 6 years later! The fabric was a gift from my dear blogging friend Rachel, after I won a giveaway of hers. I guess I am a lucky girl, having such generous friends! So together with this originally being intended for an exchange, I think it triple-qualifies for this SAL!

6 comments:

diamondc said...

Hello Leonore: I know you will have a ball at the retreat, so many wonderful people attend retreats it a beautiful way to meet other stitchers.
Love the saying and design.
Have fun

Catherine

P.S. I have family in Switzerland who build small planes and make furniture.

Astrids dragon said...

Oh wow, I hope you have a fantastic time at your first retreat! I really enjoy the ones I go to.
That's a very sweet piece, I'm looking forward to seeing it fully finished.

Pamela said...

This is so cute! I like the Lizzie Kate designs.

jocondine said...

Oh lucky you, a stitching retreat, how nice: Great pattern, smile fits perfectly with gift! xxx

Toki said...

If you include your friendship with Rachel, I think it's more that three times.😊
Your retreat in Switzerland is sure to be a lot of fun.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG in August. Love this piece and it’s perfect for an exchange and for this SAL with multiple reasons for being included!