Friday 18 August 2023

The People Chose: Fairies

I'm still so far behind with my blog reading and posting...my laptop is in the process of breaking down (the display is going and everything looks funky), and as I am still very much a laptop person and don't like doing everything, especially writing, on my phone or tablet, things are going slow! Still, I'm trying to get a little caught up, and one of the things I missed was the check-in for Jo's wonderfully versatile all purpose SAL! This month, the topic was Fairies.

Fairies, as you probably know, are quite a popular subject in cross stitch, with plenty of beautiful designs out there - plenty of beautiful designs in my stash, even - but to my great surprise, it seems I never stitched any! How can that be? I got witches and angels, mermaids and ghost, but no fairies! I will need to remedy that. So as inspiration to myself, here is one of my favourite fairy stitches, Dimension Gold's Fall Fairy. It's quite an intense design, but maybe one day...





2 comments:

Toki said...

I'm also surprised you didn't work on fairies.
But you already have.
You're right, it looks like a pretty gorgeous piece.
But I think it's a piece that suits you.
Someday…….😊

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for giving The People’s Choice a go in August! That is a gorgeous design, she’d make a great replacement for Autumn when you finish that one.