Tuesday 8 August 2023

An Old Obsession - Sekamelska Part 6

While I was working on the last rows of the Snuggle Up blanket, I had been thinking what crochet project I wanted to work on next. I got a couple ready to go, but also a couple of WIPs still, and ultimately decided on one of those - the Sekamelska shawl. This was a free CAL back in 2019, and I think that is when I talked about it last, as well!

To recall, this was a cooperative CAL by six designers, who each designed one part of the pattern mix shawl. Some of the patterns were quite complex, but very fun, and I eventually got stuck on part 6, which required me to make dozens of little trees that just didn't want to look quite right. Now, with a couple more years of experience (and lots of additional patience - I'm looking at you, part 12 of Snuggle Up!) I got back to them, and on one car ride to Felix' home village to attend a wedding, I sat down with those trees and finished the first repeat of the new pattern this weekend. Seems I broke the spell too, because over the next two weeks or so, I finished the second repeat as well, and that concluded part 6!

No technically, I only have the border left to do know, but since I had over 100g of yarn left over (there are three shades of purple in this, and I just barely started the first one!), I decided to repeat Part 1 (or at least some rows of it), to use up more of my yarn and also because Part 1 was just this tiny triangle at the start and really deserves to be brought back! So I will have to work on this for a little longer, but since I already figured Part 1 out ages ago, there shouldn't be any further snags. Unless I find something new to obsess over, of course...

4 comments:

Pamela said...

This is very pretty, both the patterns and the colors.

Astrids dragon said...

You have been productive, it looks great! Those are gorgeous colours.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Beautiful summery colours in this shawl. I bought my friend a Crochet Mystery Box for her Birthday and now she’s trying the Mosaic stitch.

Toki said...

The bright and beautiful gradation is wonderful.