Friday 1 September 2023

Zig-Zag Scarf Emma - Finish

I last showed progress on this shawl in April, around the halfway mark, and actually finished it a couple of weeks ago, I just never got around to taking pictures! Better late than never, I guess?

The Zig-Zag Scarf named Emma (don't ask me why it's named Emma, this designer is giving all her designs girl names) was started in late 2016, and after being abandoned at maybe 10% done I finally picked it (her?) back up this year to work on during work meetings and on my lunch break. Nice and easy knitting and just a two row repeat? Perfect! So she grew and grew and after two whole balls of yarn she's finally done!

She's still folded over here, in total she's about 8 feet/2.5m now and very hard to take pictures of! As are the colours, which are lovely in person. I think this picture, taken in natural light, is pretty close, though:

So that's one old knitting WIP down...I already picked up another project to work on during breaks (crochet this time), but that is a story for another day!


7 comments:

diamondc said...

Hello Leonore: It is a beauty for sure, it is a long one.

Catherine

Carol said...

Oooh... those really are gorgeous colors, Leonore! Congratulations on your latest finish! Enjoy your weekend and Happy September ♥

Pamela said...

Yay! Congrats on a gorgeous finish!

Astrids dragon said...

That turned out beautifully, I love the colours.

Toki said...

Congratulations on your completion. I think It's warm and stylish when It's long and can be wrapped around it.😉

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Gorgeous colours, that length will go round a few times!

Toki said...

You can have a lot of fun with long shawls depending on how you wrap them.
Congratulations on your completion.🙋