Thursday 8 October 2020

September WIPocalypse

 It took me a couple of extra days to get all my September-Stitches into TLOA, but it's all ready to post now! First, for the question of the month, though: Are you a seasonal stitcher, or can you stitch on any holiday/seasonal stitch at any time of year? I'd say I can stitch on things any time of the year. If I stitch something seasonaly correct, that's usually because I got roped into a SAL of some sort! So I might try and pull out a Halloween Design to finish it in time for Jo's Halloween Blog Hop, for example, or stitch along with Magical's Spring Mystery SAL during springtime! But then I took almost all of last year to finish Whacky Witches, so when I'm on my own I'll work on anything, anytime.

I've been working on adding the second colour onto The Loneliness of Autumn, which I'm SALing (all year, by the way!) with Rachel. You can find her latest update here. She already finished three colours and is going to add some red next! I might be a little jealous.

For me, it's just more 3371 on top of the 939, so if you don't look to closely, practically black on black! Last time, I was here, just having finished the 3371 on the top row of pages:


And now I'm here - doesn't look like much of a difference, does it? I filled in the 3371 on the second row, and made good progress on row #3 as well (but that was easy, there was one page that doesn't have a single stitch of anything yet!). I got a total of 21.572 stitches or 18.16% done now.


The 3371 is getting more dense towards the bottom of the design, so by next month I hope to be a good ways into the fourth row. I have a total of 6.448 stitches to go with this colour, and I think that's doable in three month, as I am averaging 2k-2.5k a month. So maybe I can start into January with the new (not black looking! *gasp*) colour, then?


6 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work on Autumn, go on - throw some red in LOL

Pamela said...

I really like this!

Susan said...

Your comment of "unless I get roped into a SAL" is so me! :-) I will just sit here in awe of your cross country stitching.

Sheryl said...

This is a lovely design but needs a lot of patience to stich so much black, you will be happy to use the next colour.

diamondc said...

Leonore: I can stitch on anything, even in the Easter Season I can stitch Christmas designs.
Wonderful progress on your stitching.

Catherine

Rachel said...

I can definitely see a difference, but then I know where to look! That's fantastic progress. Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could start off the new year with a new colour? Fingers crossed. :)