Saturday 10 October 2020

September Crafty Pies

 If you've been following my blog (or I'm following yours!), you might have noticed I haven't been around much in September, and my pies just are further proof of what a terrible crafty month I've been having! The month wasn't that terrible overall, just very busy (work - I had two ~60 hour periods in which I didn't even get a single stitch in because I was totally exhausted by the time I got home!, fun - my best friend came to visit for a weekend, and not much stitching got done then either!), I've been tired and just wanted to sleep a lot (which I blame on the weather, I always take a while to adjust to autumn/winter temperatures, as much as I love them), and then I somehow got into a bit of a slump from feeling so much behind with everything, which I am slowly clawing my way out of again!

So, here are my pies of shame (and I still can't figure out how to place pictures side by side with this new blogger thing properly!)


55 hours surely is an all-time-low since I started making these pies - I only managed a single rotation on the Zoe Box and didn't touch Dark Forces at all! I also didn't do most of my SALs (and have been catching up on them this month, slowly). I did stitch up two ornaments for exchanges - one has been send out, so I hope to be able to show it soon, the other one still needs finish-finishing and mailing, so it shall remain a secret for a bit longer! I was hoping to cover them both in one single 10h rotation but boy was I wrong, they both needed (almost) one rotation on there own!

I did have one new start that I can show you. I had so much fun stitching the Morning Meadow band sampler with Jo, that I decided to keep stitching some band sampler on the weekend. I have all the panels of the Never Ending Band Sampler by Kitty and Me Designs saved up (it's supposed to be never ending in the sense that she keeps releasing new panels band by band, but it's on a bit of a hiatus right now). I actually have a great finishing idea for these, so I ordered some linen band, picked a colour scheme (DMC and beads), and gave it a go! Here are the first four bands, I'm stitching one every week and really enjoy it so far:



4 comments:

Pamela said...

I like band samplers and this one is gorgeous!

diamondc said...

Leonore: Your new start is lovely.
Have a great week

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Now we need a bar chart for each month of the year to see which was the best monthly total!
Glad that the Band Sampler SAL inspired you to keep going with one. Can't wait for our Christmas SAL!

Rachel said...

55 hours might be an all-time low for you, but is figure I expect most stitchers can only dream of! But seriously, I do hope work life has settled down a bit more now and you have been able to retrieve your usual crafting time. You still achieved an awful lot in October, including another gorgeous new start; how many WIPs does that make now?