Monday 19 October 2020

October Fully Finished Gallery

 It's time to check in with Rachel and her Fully Finished Gallery, and thankfully I can meet my two-finish-objects quota this month and not fall behind any further ;) 

The first one you've seen before - my Bookmark of the Month for September. I finished it by running-stitching two pieces of the 8ct? (I can never remember what count this is, but the stitches are huge!) aida together, than fringing the edges a little. An easy finish, but I like it!

My other finish was one of my ~mystery~ projects last month - I took part in and ornament exchange on the TW group on facebook, and since me partner has now received her ornament, I can show it to you! In fact, the pictures you're about to see have been taken by her - I could never get proper lighting on the days before I sent it out, but she captures it perfectly!




The snowflake and mesh are from the corner of TWs Winter Carousel Horse. For the back, I copies the frame and mesh, but added my initials and the year to the center. I finished it as a mini pillow with a beaded edge, corded hanger and a little tassle.

I have this week off work and hope to get some finishing done, so hopefully next month's post will be even more productive!

8 comments:

Pamela said...

What a pretty ornament!

diamondc said...

Leonore: What a beautiful ornament.
Your bookmark is lovely.

Catherine

Rachel said...

Thank you for joining in! Your TW ornament is beautiful and looks to have been an appreciated gift. Love the bookmark too. For 8ct fabric, how many strands of thread did you use? :)

Suzanne H said...

Super finishes. I love the beaded edge. I'm going to have to try that.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You did stitch a beautiful ornament for the exchange and the photos are lovely too. I've enjoyed seeing the finished gifts people have been showing the group.

Bethan said...

Two very lovely finishes! Hope you have an enjoyable week off x

Carol said...

This is SO pretty and the way you've finished the back makes it extra special, Leonore! ♥

Sheryl said...

Two lovely finishes. What a gorgeous snowflake pattern, really turned out perfect.