Thursday 15 October 2020

The September SALs

October continues to be a crazy month, but at least a crazy month with way more stitching than September had! I just go with the flow and try to get some stuff done whenever I can, and right now I can post about the SALs I did in September!

In order of completion, we have the bookmark of the month - again it was designed for perforated felt, so I got out the 10ct (or something like that) aida again, plus some perle floss (partly from old old stash, partly gifted by a friend), stitched it up real quick, and improvised a finish I am semi-satisfied with. But it does feel good to use up some of that stash!


Next up was the Temperature SAL - September was quite a bit cooled down from August, but still had a couple of nice days, so we were mostly in the yellows with a couple of greens mixed in. But I'm seeing mostly greens and maybe even blues for October, I'm cold all the time at the moment!

And last, but certainly not least - and actually I worked on this first, but had to pick it up again to finish a small mistake - is the Blackwork SAL. I continue to love this colour combination and I'm even thinking about getting more brown fabric to do similar things in the future! I'm also starting to form a plan on what to do with the extra patterns that won't fit into the crosses grid, so that's something to look forward to :)


And as I am typing this, the SALs for the current month have already released, so I better get stitching - oh my!


3 comments:

Pamela said...

Great progress! I like using things from my stash also. I have much more than I can ever use up.

Rachel said...

Well done for catching up on the SALs. I hope you manage to keep more up-to-date in October, even if it's at the expense of some other stitching. Out of curiosity, have you been looking any SALs for 2021 yet, or is it too early? :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work on all three SALs. The bookmark looks a little more complex this month, I like the pumpkin colours!
It is starting to cool down for us too, so the boiler decides to break!