Friday 18 October 2019

The People Chose Cats

In an attempt to not fall hopelessly behind on my blogging (because, knowing me, I WILL be catching up on all these posts eventually, and I WILL hate myself for it if there's 18472 posts to do), I'm linking up with Jo's monthly themed SAL today.

I went through my pictures looking for cats - and found a lot!


An apron I stitched for a friend with a self-made Pusheen pattern. All that gray was a little boring, but I was pretty happy with how it turned out!


A Vervaco kit I stitched for a friend of my grandma. She had to kittens (brother and sister) who looked just like this. Sadly Felix, the red one, has died since then, and Trixie is almost an old lady by cat standards now!


 I made this for Felix' mum, and loved the whole thing, but isn't that black kitten just darling?


 Halloween Cat by Satsuma Street. I loved the colours on this one, especially the trees and the pumpkins.


No stitching, but a knitted kitty! He's soooo fluffy.


 Last month I had you looking for bees, this time I'll ask you to count the cats in the Cut Thru' Cottage! Can you find all of them?


 A little Valentine's card I stitched for Felix last year. I'm sure I have some more cats, there are some Halloween projects I suspect feature a black cat somewhere, but I'll save them for another time. I also have two cat WIPs -


Charming, a Dimensions kit. I used him as a travel project last spring and he's been waiting for a new chance to shine since then!


And here we have my Pumpkin Doodle cats! I have since filled in the right side and the bird and I really need to take a new picture on this, don't I?

9 comments:

diamondc said...

Leonore: What a fun post, I just love the bathtub kitty.

Catherine

Pamela said...

Great cats!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I think I counted 8 cats in the Bothy Threads design. The toilet was the only room without one!

Robin Wylde said...

I'm loving all these cats! I'm a biiiig cat lover so these are great to see, you stitched up quite a few of them! Well done :D

Rachel said...

Since I haven't been following you for long, it's lovely to have this opportunity to see some of your older projects, especially as they're so different to your current WIPs. They're all sweet, but the tiny kitty with the bathtub has to be my favourite. :)

Bethan said...

Lots and lots of cats. I agree that the kitten in the piece for Felix's mum is very cute x

FlashinScissors said...

Great stitching! I do love the Bothy picture .....
Five cats, I think?!
I love all your cats, but oh, especially love the pumpkin doodle picture!
Happy weekend!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Leonore Winterer said...

Cats make for great stitching motifs...or companions!

Astrids dragon said...

So many sweet kitties! I think I like Pusheen and the cat you knitted the best!