Saturday 5 October 2019

September Stitchy Pie

I still havea few posts to get caught up on, and since I actually got some stitching done today and feel quite nice and relaxed, I think it's a good time to start! September was a bit of a crazy month for me...I can't even tell you why, I think I just took a bit of a nose dive mentally as lots of things stated to catch up with me. I didn't realize quite how stressed out I was until I got this long weekend (Thursday was a holiday, and I had Friday of work too) to decompress, and had a look at my September chart and saw I did a good ten hours less than my usual!



On the bright side, it looks a good bit more focused than usual too! I did my usual SALs, but I put a good chunk of time into the Mermaid, and then Lady Justice and my Halloween project saw some focus too. Geostar is a cool new project I'll tell you about soon (I'm preparing a seperate post for it, that's how cool it is!), and the Pumpkin Hat...well, that was a bit of a desaster. It's my newest baby gift, I planned to start it waaay back in August, but after casting on the first couple stitches I got stuck waiting on intel for the babies head circumference...I finally just guessed (on the larger side, figuring she'll grow into it eventually), and got started. The pattern calls for pretty short circular needles, and I thought I wasn't likely to use those a lot, so I got a cheap set from amazon...too cheap, apparently, because not only were they a hassle to work with, but last Sunday the rope actually broke...so I'm going to have to get some new needles and save a couple stitches! Here's the current state (don't worry, so orange isn't quite as toxic as it looks in this photo, but it's late and I don't have natural light):



5 comments:

Pamela said...

I look forward to seeing Geostar. Eighty-one and a half hours is still a good total.

Rachel said...

Despite your concerns, it's still a fantastic pie with a good amount of progress of a number of projects. We all go through blips, maybe this is yours. Fingers crossed things will return to normal October onwards. :)

diamondc said...

Leonore: What a stunning color, I am looking forward to seeing the finished product.

catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You did well with Mermaid this month.
The knitting is a great 1970s colour in that photo!

Bethan said...

Fingers crossed you are able to save the stitches! Bigger is always better for babies - they seem to grow so quickly. I hope this month is better for you in all ways x