Wednesday 30 October 2019

October Gifted Gorgeousness

I know I am - once again - super late for this SAL, but after a bit of a finishing-frenzy over the last copuple of days, I actually have something to show for it. I honestly can't remember whether I ever talked about this here before, so here we go! I've been making a lot of baby gifts lately, so I really wanted to try something new that wouldn't take a ton of time. I found these patterns for some really cute animal bibs and decided to give it a try. I chose the bunny, but wanted to go for more realistic colours, so I bought a light brown yarn and started. The 'body' of the bib was quickly done, but as usual it took me a while to work of all the small parts, and even more time to sew them all together. I didn't get the face quite how I wanted it to look, so I decided to not add the eyebrows. Lastely (and that took even MORE time...) I  bought some soft brown fabric to add to the backside (and make it more comfortable to wear...I hope). So basically, it took me two months to finish I project I spent a total of five hours working on - so much for quick and easy! Don't get me wrong, the pattern is great and I like the result, that's just me being strange and life getting in the way.


I also continued working on my Mermaid, and got a lot of her over one skin done, but there's still quite a bit left to do. Fingers crossed I can really stilly finish her this year!






Last but not least, I had a new start as well...this is Lettuce be Friends by Bothy Threads. As soon as it was released, I just knew I had to stitch the too sweet guinea pigs for my grandma, and bought the kit, but it's been collecting dust in my stash for the last two years. But after my grandpa's death I felt like I should finally start and stitch this as one can never know when it will be to late, so I decided to get stitching and hope to get this done by Christmas! It's stitching up fast, here is the first colour all finished (unless I missed some stitches, of course):


4 comments:

Ariadne said...

I am so looking forward to seeing the mermaid finished. AriadnefromGreece!

Bethan said...

Isn't it funny how sometimes the quick and easy tasks take far, far, far longer than we ever intend! It's a really great bib. Looking forward to seeing your guinea pigs x

Pamela said...

The bib is very sweet!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month.
Love the little bib and the beautiful mermaid too.