Monday 19 August 2019

The People's Choice SAL: Monochrome

Can you believe I'm actuall writing this way ahead of the end of the month deadline? I know, it feels so wrong, and I'm being so proud of myself at the same time, haha :D
So this is Jo's Monthly Themed SAL, and the theme of the month is 'Monochrome'. I came to realize that I don't actually do a lot of monochrome stitching - I have some projects that certainly FEEL like they are all one colour, but most of them actually aren't! I guess I'm just too big of a sucker for colourful designs after all. Here are a few more-or-les monochrome designs I did stitch - this lovely bandsampler hosted by Stacy a few years back:


Next up are my Ornaments of the Month by Magical525 (2015 edition). I picked the seperate pictures this time so you can see the colours better, but I think there are a few missing...sorry!









Also by Magical, last year's New Year's Eve SAL  - all in blues:



 And last but not least, this square I did for a 'Stitch for Syria' charity quilt project in 2016, using a nice fall-coloured DMC Colour Variations thread. The charity project has since concluded, but you can find what information I still have in this post.



3 comments:

Pamela said...

Great ornaments! They are very pretty.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I am glad that you managed to find a few projects to fit! The first sampler is beautiful.

Rachel said...

The small monthly designs are really effective when stitched in just one colour. Thanks for showing them all together. :)