Tuesday 14 November 2023

The People Chose: Circles

Welcome to Jo's wonderfully versatile all purpose SAL, where you get to pick the subject! This month the people chose circles, and usually this would be where I go through all my old picturesand pull the most appropriate projects up. But this month, I got something different planned! The sad thing is I had it ready to go on the actual date of the SAL and it still took me until now to write up this post...but never the less, here we go.

This month I want to use this space to introduce a new WIP...if you followed my retreat posts, you might already have caught a glimpse of it. This project fits the subject so well, I've already seen several people use it as an example on their entry for the SAL, but I actually started it and did my first 10 hours. I present to you...the most circly cross stitch ever made...Ink Circles 'Cirque des Cercles'.


The fabric is a 40ct Verdal evenweave, dyed by the wonderful xJuDesign in the colourway 'Teracorra Dream' and bought at StitchBasel, and this floss that goes so very well with it is Jodyri Design's 'Sahara Dunes', a lmited edition that I fell in love with and stocked up on back in 2020. And finally I get to use it! 

This actually stitches up kind of fast, and 10 hours (well, actually 10:30 because I wanted to finish the shape I was working on filling in) already got me to 9.17%. And it's tons of fun, I can't wait to get back into it soon!

7 comments:

Pamela said...

Gorgeous, and perfect example for the circle theme!

Rachel said...

Oooh, a new start! Was this because of the SAL or were you planning to start it anyway? Love the fabric and thread colour choices... a perfect combination!

diamondc said...

Hello Leonore: This truly is a beauty, love the fabric color, nice progress on stitching.

Catherine

jocondine said...

Great start and wonderful pattern. Watching your fabric makes me remember I believe I have a piece of linen which could be nice with a cream thread. Maybe a new project for 2024! xxx

Carol said...

This is a perfect piece to start stitching for Circle month, Leonore. Beautiful fabric and it looks like it will be a fun piece to stitch. Hope you have a relaxing weekend ♥

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month and OMG you're stitching Cirque des Cercles, the ultimate circular design. I am so happy for you! It looks like 100 or so hours and you'll have a finish. Not too bad for such a gorgeous design.

Toki said...

It's perfect for the theme. I love the fabric and thread color you chose.😆