Thursday 26 October 2023

October Gifted Gorgousness

I have a good reason for being late for Gifted Gorgeousness this month...and that reason is...laziness! Well. Both projects I wanted to show you today needed ends woven in, and if it wasn't for this SAL I probably still wouldn'd have done it! So really you can be glad I'm around to post at all. Or something. Anyways!

This is one of my favourite SALs of the month, Jo's one place stop for all things gifted and giftee! I got something for both categories this month. 

This is the 'Spirits of Life' CAL in the 'Volcano' colourway. It was the Sheepjes CAL in 2017, and at some point between then and now, I got the kit as a gift from my grandparents. It's got some new-to-me crochet techniques so I've been hesitant to start it, but finally went for it on my last vacation. This is a 9 part CAL and I hope to keep up with one part a month, we'll see how that goes! This part was mostly single and double crochet with some relief work in the upper half, and sooo many loose ends to weave in. Luckily, the next part is only two colours, but will be my first try at mosaic crochet - very exciting!

The other project is a gift from me, for Felix - a pair of socks with this beautiful sock yarn by Ferner Wolle. I bought is last year and he instantly called dibs, so I just needed the right pattern (the Togetherness Socks by Little House Designs) and then they went pretty quickly. The yarn gave me some trouble around the heel of the first sock (kept breaking on me) but after a couple metres quieted down and other than that it was just a joy to work with!

I also finally splurged on my first pair of sock blockers, and it won't be my last - no more awkward taking pictures of feet!

So that's it from me for today...see you next month with more yarn work!

4 comments:

Pamela said...

Gorgeous yarnwork!

Carol said...

Your crocheted project is looking so pretty in those colors, Leonore! Great job on the socks, too--perfect for this time of year :) Hope you are enjoying a relaxing weekend! ♥

diamondc said...

Greetings Leonore: Lovely crochet and the socks are beautiful.
I am a bit lazy this time of year the weather change gets to me.

Have a great week
Catherine

Toki said...

It's exciting to see the project wake up from a six-year slumber.
Gift socks for your husband are nice.😊