Thursday 5 October 2023

September WIPocalypse

Another month has passed, and what a month is was! My stitching retreat in Basel has well and truly recharged my crafty batteries, and ever since I've been happily crafting away on various projects. And after a brief period of wanting to work on and start everything right now, I think I now ready to go back to somewhat more organized crafting. Which is good, since I still got some goals to accomplish this year! Which will also influence my choice for the focus months challenge, but I'm getting ahead of myself. First, for the question of the month: Are you a seasonal stitcher? If so, which seasons do you find yourself more productive or less productive? I'm not massively seasonal myself, but the way life works, I'm usually more busy in the summer months (in terms of events, visiting people, and traveling), so naturally I find less time for crafting and if I do, it's more travel-sized projects. Which is why I am so happy about autumn coming out to play now, so I can cozy up on the couch and get some serious stitching done!

Now this is usually the spot where I get to talk about my progress on The Loneliness of Autumn, which I am SALing with Rachel at a very conversational pace. This year has ended up with both of us being massively behind, but I am very happy to report that in September, I finally managed to get a full month stitching in, finishing a total of three colours, and even managed to catch up a couple days I missed earlier in the year! Still lots of catching up to do, but I'll get there. It's my mantra!

My new totals are 90845/118800 stitches or 76.47% done, with 1869 stitches added in September. Maybe I can make it to 100k finished this year?! I might, if I focus, which brings me to the last part of this post. October is the last One-Stitch-A-Day focus challenge of WIPocalypse, and I usually make this one length a day on whatever project I pick. I've been thinking about what to pick for months, but now that I'm hear and so far behind on TLoA...I decided to double down. So for the month of October, I'll try to do a total of 62 lengths on TLoA, which would bring me just about back on track to where I was supposed to be at the end of the month, give or take a week or so. Let's do this!


5 comments:

Pamela said...

I love this project! It is gorgeous.

Carol said...

Glad you are able to focus again and have had your batteries recharged, Leonore! This is SUCH a lovely piece and I enjoy watching it grow. Have a great weekend ♥

diamondc said...

Hello Leonore: I have fallen behind myself with my stitching, life does get in the way sometimes.
The Loneliness of Autumn is a lovely design and your almost done.
Have a great weekend.

Catherine

Rachel said...

Well, I've just caught up on the last seven months of your blog and have enjoyed every single post. Your progress on everything this year has been amazing, and led to so many finishes too! I'm glad you enjoyed your first retreat and have been reunited with your stitchy bug. Let's hope it stays that way!

Toki said...

It's wonderful to be able to stitch like you're having a conversation with Rachel.