Thursday 4 August 2022

Hufflepuff Pride Socks - Finished!

So you already know about my happy dance on The Puppeteer, where I finished all the black - the other mayor happy dance moment I had towards the end of July was finishing my badger socks!

Last time you saw them, they were here, I had just finished the leg and was getting ready to dive into the foot:

So anyone who's knitted socks knows that the foot comes in several small sections. At least it comes in this pattern, and it's kind of fun to work through one after the other (and very rewarding to throw out each corresponding page of the pattern, as this is the second sock and I don't need them anymore! - don't worry, it's a digital pattern, so I still have it if ever required...). And suddenly things went very, very quickly, and just over 81 hours the seemingly endless socks were all done, and with plenty of time to travel to Norway before it gets cold!

In fact, it took me some self-conquest to actually put on the socks in the heat, but you deserve to seen them on actual feet!


I'm very proud of my accomplishment and want to do more colourwork knitting in the future, but I'm also happy to not knit another badger again soon, thank you very much :D


4 comments:

Claudette497 said...

They look wonderful! I'm happy dancing with you!

Pamela said...

Fantastic!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Those are fabulous socks! Your friend is going to adore them. Just don't let her change House any time soon LOL

Rachel said...

Congratulations!! You must be so happy to have finished these! They look great, and it's obvious how much time and patience went into them. Never again, though??? :)