Saturday 20 August 2022

August Gifted Gorgeousness

This wonderful SAL, brainchild of the equally wonderful Jo, is a great opportunity to show of all the projects made from things that were gifted to us, made to be gifts, or otherwise connected to gifts or gifting. For me, they are usually a way to display my yarn work, and today I have two projects to share.

First up is my Snuggle Up blanket. The yarn for this was a birthday present by some dear friends, and I am attempting to complete one part of the 12 part SAL every month to have it done by my next birthday. So far, so good, and I just completed part 6, which also saw the start of the 3rd yarn cake (I estimate that I will need 6 in total). It's getting hard to photograph in its entirety, so this time, here is just one corner to show off the new pattern:


This pattern was pretty fun - not too complicated, not too boring - but it was the same every row, and there is another section of it coming up in a bit, so I hope I'll still enjoy it then! Each round takes me over two hours at this point.

My other project is a gift *from* me, another baby jacket for a little girl in my life. She was born a couple months ago so I better hurry up so she'll get to wear this in the upcoming autumn! Thankfully, these jackets knit up fast, and this is more than half way done already:

 So by next month, I hope to finish this, and also add a shawl for her big sister!


5 comments:

Pamela said...

The snuggle up blanket is gorgeous. The little girl gift is very cute.

Linda said...

Hi Leonore. I love the blanket your working on. Can you share the link for the CAL?

Linda

Elfie said...

Lovely work.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month with two lovely projects. Baby crafting is fun because the pieces are smaller!

Carol said...

Your Snuggle Up blanket is coming along so nicely, Leonore! Your friends were so kind to provide the yarn for it! And a handmade gift for a new baby is always appreciated--and how nice of you to remember the big sister! Have a great week ♥