Thursday 17 March 2022

The People Chose: Quilts

Welcome for another month of Jo's wonderful all-purpose SAL were the people choose the topic and everyone else tries to find something that fits! March's theme is is 'Quilts'.

 I don't quilt (yet...I find it fascinating, but where to find the time?!), but Jo had the great idea to include cross stitch that was made to be incorporated in a quilt, and I have two of those:


And a couple years ago I tried out English Paper Piecing, which is kind of a first foray into the world of quilting...I really need to get working on that sewing machine cover again, I remember loving it!


And then I just remembered I stitched a design with a quilt in it! It's at my grandma's place and can't get a picture right now, but I found the stock image and remember stitching it very well:




5 comments:

Pamela said...

Paper piecing is my favorite! Very sweet quilts.

diamondc said...

Leonore: Sweet post, that bear under the quilt is adorable, I have done paper piecing myself for a small project, I really like it.
Great idea to cross stitch for a quilt, cute puppy design, I love the scarf around his neck,

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I forgot about the designs for the Syria quilts! I did two of those.
That's a very sweet pincushion too.

Sheryl said...

Pretty stitching. I love the little bear under his quilt.

Rachel said...

Ahhhh, Popcorn the bear and Souffle the duck! I'm not sure if Popcorn's hugging the quilt because he's poorly or scared. Love it! :)