Thursday 23 December 2021

December Gifted Gorgeousness

The last month of Gifted Gorgeousness always seems to be the best - we start finishing up those year long projects we've been working on, and, at least for me, there's always a lot of Christmas crafting too! This year I only have one that's Christmas specific (but then I did show you two fully finished ornaments a couple of days ago!), and two WIPs that are more ongoing work. All crochet, though (because Fans of the Far East, my big cross stitch gift project, gets plenty of attention of its own already!). 

First of all, I am happy to report that I finished grandma's Bruinen shawl, and with plenty of time to spare. It's been washed and dried and now awaits being wrapped with the rest of my gifts.

 Aren't those colours just vibrant? I so love them, I think I might need to get more of this yarn in the future to make something for myself, as well.

With the shawl out of the way, I returned to the baby blanket I had been working on earlier this year. It was in a bit of a timeout because I had some nasty froggy visits, but this time, it's going smoothly so far, and I added a couple more rows. I'm monitoring the yarn I have left and think I'll get another row of shells out of it...maybe two, but I'm not convinced yet. We'll see.

 

And then of course, I've also been working on my Ubuntu blanket, the yarn for which was a birthday present this year. Not quite as much progress as I wanted, but I managed to finish part 8, which is the first segment of the border:

Just one colour so far, but with part 9, the border is going to get more colourful as well - looking forward to that!

6 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month, and all year! Love that shawl, such pretty colours.

diamondc said...

Leonore: You are a very talented lady, I love seeing what you are working on, the shawl is beautiful.
The baby blanket is so sunny looking, the Ubuntu is lovely also.

Merry Christmas
Catherine

Pamela said...

Grandma’s shawl is gorgeous! I’m sure she loves it.

Rachel said...

I've enjoyed watching all of your crochet progress during the year and am so pleased that you finished your grandma's pretty shawl with plenty of time to spare. The baby blanket looks so delicate and your blanket so... big... but then that's what blankets should be! Good luck finishing the remainder of your gifts within their deadlines. :)

Carol said...

Happy New Year, Leonore! Your shawl is so very lovely; I can see why you'd love to get more of that yarn for yourself. Hope the baby blanket can avoid the frog visiting and that you'll be finished in no time.

Hope your new year is filled with lots of time for your creative pursuits! ♥

Sheryl said...

Beautiful work going on, just love the pretty colours of the shawl.