Thursday 9 December 2021

November WIPocalypse

Pretty late this month, although I had the stitching done a week ago...just very busy, so I didn't get around to post! Sorry. I'm still here and will get caught up on everything, as usual. Why is it that Christmas time is supposed to be this quiet, cozy, reflective time of year, but it always turns into a wild craziness of one thing after the other?! Anyways, I'm here now, so let's make the best of it. WIPocalypse, and the question of the month was What new discoveries did you have in the stitching world this year? So...that's one of the reasons I haven't gotten around to posting yet, because I'm having a pretty hard time thinking of anything! I've discovered a couple things that are interesting, but not really tried them yet. For one, there is the designer NadGavr on Etsy - I actually might have first seen her patterns last year, it's really hard for me to distinguish between what happened 2020 and 2021, it's all a big pandemic mush! But I certainly have thought about her beautiful dragon patterns a lot this year, and have serious plans to buy one. Probably this (although I love all of them):

The second 'discovery' is Cross Stitch Saga, another app like Pattern Keeper that let's you track and mark off your stitching, but that also can do partial stitches and backstitch and different things. You need special .saga files to use it, not just .pdfs, but then it appears to be quite powerful. There was a sale a couple of days ago and I picked up the app, but haven't really had a chance to try it out yet, so I might be able to tell you more soon, if you're interested!

Now for stitching - I've been working on TLoA again, which I am SALing with Rachel. She's been catching up for a while, but I haven't seen her most recent posts to see if she's already caught up, so it'll be a surprise for me as well!

Last month I was here - 50,669 stitches or 42.65% done and just made a start on colour #10, DMC 934:

The 934 was pretty spread out, so the remaining 2.109 stitches took me all month...and don't even look like they made a lot of a difference! I just so finished them (think I cheated by about 50 stitches in the end of the month that I did extra, because I just wanted to start a new colour):

(Yes, my couch still needs to be fixed, thank you for noticing!) So, new total is 52,778 stitches/44.43% done, and ready to start colour #11 - DMC 154! A very pretty, very dark purplish red that will fill in some of the scattered stitches in darker areas, so hopefully will be noticable! 2281 stitches to go, so it might take me until early January to finish those, but I'm looking forward to it.


3 comments:

diamondc said...

Leonore: Wow that is a load of stitch's, it looks like you are almost finished with the design.
The first design is amazing, I love the colors.
It is a crazy timer of the year and with the past two years its fun to get back to almost normal.

Merry Christmas
Catherine

Pamela said...

Wow, TLoA looks great!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is a stunning dragon, I think you've posted the Etsy shop before? I'll look again anyway!
Your Autumn seems to be much darker than Rachel's version. It's probably just the way the colours are working out, she's done more yellows.