Monday 20 December 2021

December Fully Finished Gallery

This month was a bit of a mad finish dash - not just to get something up for the SAL, but also to get my ornaments done by Christmas! I just finished the last one yesterday.  

One is Caroling Cardinals that I've already shown you yesterday. It's a Blue Ribbon Design pattern from the 2018 ornament issue of JustCrossStitch. It was my first try on 40ct linen (something I had on the bucket list for 2021) and I'm glad I tried it, as it was really fun! I used the instructions in the magazine to finish-finish it as a flat ornament, but the bottom turned out a little wonky. So I placed the bow off to the side to balance it off, and I think now it looks almost like it was on purpose!

Number 2 was Teresa Wentzler's Beginner Whitework ornament. I had a TON of fun stitching this one, and finished it as a small pillow ornament, using some premade cording for the hanger:

 

So here we go, my (probably) last finish-finishes of the year! See you in 2022 (with the finishes, I have more things to post until then ;) ).


6 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work on both ornaments. I love Blue Ribbon Designs and have plans to stitch them all! The Whitework on pink fabric is so pretty too, it really shows off the stitches.

diamondc said...

Leonore: Beautiful tree, the ornament is lovely.

Merry Christmas
Catherine

Anonymous said...

comment for the first time.
I'm Toki. Lives in Japan.🗻

I am relieved and happy that you are doing well.
The fine stitched ornaments are cute.😆

Have a nice Christmas.🎄

Carol said...

Love how your BRD ornament turned out, Leonore! There are so many cute ones that she has designed through the years and I have yet to stitch one of her Christmas ones--maybe next year. So glad you enjoyed the 40 ct. linen, too--it's my favorite as everything turns out so small. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas! ♥

diamondc said...

Leonore: Both ornaments are lovely.

Merry Christmas
Catherine

Pamela said...

Pretty ornaments! Well done!