Saturday 18 December 2021

The People Chose: Fancy Finishes

Yes, I know it's the third Saturday of the month, not the first - regrettably, I have a list of about five blog posts that need writing, but I've been terribly busy for the last couple of weeks (mostly work-adjacent stuff - three of my [previous] coworkers had their thesis defense last week, and we had to prepare gifts and parties, of course!). Maybe I'll get all caught up in time for Christmas? We'll see! I do have some things to show you, at the very least.

Anyways, it's (more than) time for Jo's wonderful all purpose SAL, The People's Choice, and this month their choice was Fancy Finishes! I pride myself in that I started trying out new finishing techniques over the last couple years, and while I wouldn't call most of them 'fancy' per se, there is at least one that comes to mind - let's see what else we can find!




So here we go - my first attempt at a round ornament, a 3D finish involving a deep frame, my first flat-fold, and, of course, my Zoe box, that was fancy in both the stitching and finishing!


4 comments:

diamondc said...

Leonore: Nice finishing, the Zoe box is beautiful.

Merry Christmas
Catherine

Carol said...

Very pretty finishes, Leonore! Especially love the box--now that is definitely fancy and it looks like it took a ton of work. Hope your busy spell slows down a bit and you can relax and enjoy Christmas! ♥

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I think your Zoe box is very fancy! I also love the little dangling witch, very clever idea.

Pamela said...

Very nice finishes! I love the Zoe box!