Sunday 13 June 2021

Age is Irrelephant - Finished!

 The legs of the second elephant went a lot quicker than I thought, so after finishing the next ten hours, I was so close to the bottom that I just pulled through, and had a full finish at 61 hours and 57 minutes - that includes just 26 minutes of backstitch, by the way, and was considerably shorter than the 70 hours I had estimated for this project, so I am quite happy!

Here they are, already washed and pressed:

(the blue is actually my ironing board shining through, the fabric is white with speckles - but they'd have looked nice an sky blue as well, wouldn't they?). The frame has been picked out and arrived a couple days ago, so whenever Felix has an hour or so, this will be finish-finished and shipped off to my friend :) 

I really loved this project - thought it'd be kind of boring with all the grays, but I enjoyed it start to finish. I don't have any more Wrendale designs in my stash right now but I think that will have to change soon, there are a couple more I got my eyes on!


8 comments:

diamondc said...

Leonore: I think they are beautiful, I am looking forward to seeing the framed design.

Catherine

Pamela said...

This is very sweet! I love it.

Shami Immanuel said...

Beautiful finish. The background fabric is nice.

Linda said...

Congrats on the great finish Leonore.

Linda

Clare-Aimetu said...

Superb finish, the ironing board fabric looks good but they do stand out on white.

Carol said...

Hooray! Your elephant finish is amazing, Leonore! All those shades of gray--I don't think my old eyes could manage that very well. Congratulations!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance for your elephants! I agree that grey isn't the most exciting colour but they are a lovely pair!

Rachel said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous gorgeous! But then I am biased!
Being so far behind with reading your blog, I have yet to find out if you've acquired any more Wrendale Designs... I bet you have! :)