I finished my second rotation on Zoe this month, and - *drumrolls* - I actually finished the complete inside of the box! Granted, there was nowhere near as much stitching as on the outside, but I am still very pleased to see how quickly this is coming together. At this rate, I'll have to worry about gathering the finishing supplies much sooner than I thought I would!
So, the inside of the box had one long row of tied oblong stitches in DMC Coloris going all around, a repeat of all the critters (but standing on their heads, as this part will be folded during the finishing), and some more of the pretty sequins. For the most part, I managed to finish one season every day I worked on this! Here are some close ups:
(putting pictures next to each other is just as much of a pain in the butt as it was on the old blogger, it seems) and one picture of the whole thing:
I also stitched the outline of the lid part of the box (but no picture as that doesn't show up well), so I can dive right into the interesting part again next time. Lots of leaves and more oblong stitches...not sure if ten hours will be quite enough to finish it, but it should see a good bit done! But first, a new rotation with some small, fun projects - see you soon!