Monday 10 August 2020

Zoe Box - 30 Hours

 The first weekend of August, we had a friend visiting, and one of our plans entailled watching the entire third season od Stranger Things on Netflix. We did (amongst lots of talking and lots of great food) and I made good use of that time to work on the Zoe Box. Last time you saw her, 20 hours in, she was here - cross stitch finished on the outside of the box, plus the stems and a tiny start on the backstitch:



Ten hours later, this part of the box was all finished! 


So I finished the backstitch, added beads and sequins and all those fance specialty stitches. Don't worry, I brought some detail shots to show you!

The autumn panel features, aside from that *oh so cute* squirrel, some ribbed spiderweb stitches which were a pain to stitch - like ten minutes each - but have a great effekt! I do love trying out new stitches.  


Summer has regular spiderweb stitches, but done with coloris, and the effect is quite stunning. Also a pretty butterfly!


Spring isn't quite as impressive critter-wise, but I still love it with all the vibrant colours. I also wanted to point out the rice stitch in the bottom, that runs across the entire width of the box - coloris and silver PTB on top of it. Great effect and so easy and fun to stitch!


And last but not least, the winter panel. Not a lot of stitching altogether, but that little robin is probably my favourite of the critters after the squirrel. Also a lot of sequins (such a fun adition) and beads (love that matte colour) in this one.



I am really enjoying the project and the amount of progress I am making. This was by far the biggest and most heavily stitched part, but there still is quite a bit left to do. Before my ten hours were out, I made a start on the outline of the box inside, but that's not really worth showing yet. As there is much less stitching involved in that part, I have hopes to actually finish it in the next rotation slot, though!

4 comments:

Pamela said...

This is wonderful! I love the details!

D1-D2 said...

This piece is so cute! Especially that squirrel. I love the little detailing the backstitch gives it.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love this project more and more every time I see it!

Rachel said...

Wow, this is stunning! Congratulations on finishing the outside panels. And yes, I'm still head over heels in love with that squirrel! :)