Sunday 3 March 2019

February WIPocalpyse

I know, it's March already...but in my defense, I did say I'd show you the Blackwork SAL in these posts, and the last part was only released last Tuesday and I didn't get to stitch it until yesterday! In any case, it's high time for this (last) month's WIPocalypse check-in.

The question of the month is What do you listen to while stitching?, and my answer hasn't changed much from last year - still not into audio-books, still not into podcasts, so it's either TV/Netflix or whatever conversation is going on around me. Although I have started following a couple Youtube channels - flosstubers, fan-theorists, a true crime channel, a mortitian and all kinds of random stuff - so I can add that to the list.

My SALs have been progressing well...I stitched the Mamluk right when it came out, and caught up on the Temperature and Blackwork SAL this last weekend. They are all still a lot of fun!



I also joined the ranks of the School of Magical Stitches and Literature on facebook, which has weekly and monthly challenges and is a great motivation to pull out some of those WIPs :) So possibly you'll see random WIPs pop up around here that I'm not actually focusing on, but it's still nice to spend a few hours with them. For now, my focus is still The Mermaid, though, and I'll also use her for the One-Month-Challenge in March, aiming to put at least one stitch in every day (except for the days I am traveling, on which I will bring along a different focus project (probably my little Charming kitty, which travels much better). Here is my start picture for the month - I finished most of the border (well, the three colours I've been putting in right now, anyway):



And no for the grand total on my '-19 in '19: - after finishing the Rainbow Blanket, the BSJ and the Valentine's Elephants, I'm down to 47 WIPs (or -2)! I've been really good with not starting new stuff as well. I still have a few baby gifts to make, but since I'm going to do them one at a time, they're not going to mess up my numbers too much :)

8 comments:

Magical Mystery said...

Great progress - especially on the mermaid!

Pamela said...

I love the temperature project!

Rachel said...

Great to see progress on so many pieces! The border around The Mermaid looks as if it will really compliment the design (as it should!) It's bigger than I thought too. :)

Beth in IL said...

Great job! Keep up the lovely work.

rosey175 said...

Glad all these random challenges are working for you! I don't do audiobooks either, but I don't do anything that requires attention... which seems like everything hah. Is the mortician Ask a Mortician by any chance? She does a neat channel.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work on the catching up with the SALs this month. Congratulations on whittling down the WIPs too!

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you! There's still a long way to go but I do enjoy working on her.

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you! I've been away for a bit but I'm getting back into everything now.