Friday 22 March 2019

March Gifted Gourgeousness

Welcome to the March edition of Gifted Gorgeousness! I know I'm a little late, but that gives me the opportunity so show you some new stuff. As usual, I have a few gift projects going on. The one you already know is The Mermaid - I've been working on her every day, but it's still slow, slow going. I'm really not so sure anymore I can finish her before July, but I'm sure Dad will understand. After finshing the hair, I finally started on the rock, and that's going a little quicker, I can often do 20-50 stitches without changing colour or jumping around too much!


Earlier this month (or possibly still in February?) I had a new crochet start - there are still a few more babies to be born that I need to make gifts for! This is going to be a cute, cuddly crocodile; I already finished the head and most of the body, so I'm missing arms, legs, and the tail. I have a whole book of these and want to make two more; a hippo and a panda, soon.


Then just this week, I had yet another start...I wanted to wait until the baby gifts are made, but as it's a very, VERY late birthday/christmas gift for a friend, I couldn't wait any longer. This is going to be another Ambarussa loop scarf, the same I made for Felix last year, only in blue. I'm learning something new for this, a chain-less double crochet foundation row, so it'll be a little bit more stretchy when done! It's slow going for now, but I think it's working well.


And last but not least, it was my birthday yesterday, and I actually got some crafty gifts! The fantasy amigurumi book was from my coworkers and has some really cool creatures in it - I think the dinocorn (dinosaur-unicorn) is my favourite. And the kit is for the 'Spirit of the Volcano' scarf/wrap by LillaBjörn. I'm having a hard time not starting it right away, but the goal right now is to not touch it until I finished Ambarussa, Halata and the Half Granny.


12 comments:

Linda said...

Happy Birthday Leonore. Love your new starts and nice progress on the mermaid.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The mermaid is looking wonderful but she is a complex design to finish to a deadline!
Glad that you got some Crafty goodies for your Birthday, looking forward to seeing what you make first.

Rachel said...

Lovely gifts, and belated happy birthday! The Dinocorn does look really sweet. :)

Pamela said...

The mermaid looks great! Happy birthday!

rosey175 said...

Oh, that chainless double crochet looks interesting. Always fun to learn a new stitch and extra super fun when they're stretchy! The dinocorn looks really cute and the kit has lovely colors in it. I bet you can get Mermaid done by July, go go cross stitching power!

Carol said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Leonore! So your birthday was on March 21st? So was my oldest son's--he turned 37 :) A very good day!

Glad you got some crafty gift--enjoy!

Lady Stitch-a-Lot said...

Wonderful work on your projects =) I am sure your dad will understand if his project takes a bit longer, the result will make up for the wait =)
I just looked up the Spirit of the Volcano and it's such a gorgeous project, I really hope you start it soon =)

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

I love everything! I feel like this year I'm missing everyone's birthday which is strange since I am the one leading the charge usually. I cannot wait to see how everything comes out :D

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you :) I hope to share a lot more progress soon.

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh no problem...you have so much going on yourself! I got so many lovely things for my birthday and I am so glad to be back home to play with them.

Susan said...

Very belated birthday greetings.

Leonore Winterer said...

You weren't even a month late! Thank you.