Sunday 17 March 2019

Fully Finished Gallery - March

I am super late for this one, but I actually just finished something this weekend that I am super eager to share now (instead of waiting for the April checkin).  I still haven't touched those older non-FFOs lurking around, but at least I am up to date with my finishes for this year!

For one, I took Hello Spring and turned it into a little card matching Hello Summer. I actually have no idea what to do with these yet, but I think they are very cute with the pale yellow paper behind the stitching!

The other thing I finished as she Little Monkey. I had been searching for a nice banana fabric to go with it, and actuyll found a set of three little bags for just 2€ or something, so I got that, and sewed the monkey on the medium sized bag. I am still not very good with a sewing machine, especially not INSIDE a bag, so I did it by hand, which also wasn't very easy...and the fabric must've gotten a little disorted, to the left fissure isn't quite straight and goes a little too close to the edge...but I still like how it turned out!


9 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks for taking part - you're not late and it was well worth the wait. Your card is really cute and the little monkey on the bag is adorable and matches the bananas perfectly (are you glad you didn't change the colour of the banana now?) Keeping up-to-date with FFOing is an achievement in itself; maybe April will be the month for digging out an older UFO? :)

Carol said...

Oh, my goodness--that little monkey in the banana bag is precious!! He just makes me smile :) Hope you have a lovely week ahead, Leonore!

Mary's Thread said...

These are so very pretty! What a CUTE monkey! I can imagine the challenge of finding banana fabric!

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Hello Spring is so very pretty! It's hard to sew on a bag but your monkey turned out great! He's a cutie for sure :D

rosey175 said...

That banana bag is such a perfect find for the monkey! Handstitching was definitely the way to go. I couldn't sew a straight line to save my life ahaha.

Astrids dragon said...

Both sweet finishes, but the monkey is just precious!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work on the FFO's. I intended to do a batch today but went for a walk instead. So I stuck a piece of tape on a bookmark and attached it to scrapbook paper. One finish - done!

Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you! It actually popped up pretty quickly in my search - I'm sure this finish was just meant to be :)

Leonore Winterer said...

It is - such nice and happy colours, and I agree about the bag sewing! It's probably easier to make the bag yourself and sew stuff on before finishing it.