Friday 21 September 2018

The weekend of getting stuff done

After a very busy August, I finally got to spend a few weekends at home again, and tried making good use of them! The very first weekend (so...that's like three weeks ago. You see how far my blog posts are backed up here?!) I was determined to finally finish (and finish-finish) a few things that had been in almost-finished limbo for far too long. I think I did quite well!

First on the agenda was finishing my tiny fobcornu (made from an older NFSAL pattern by my friend Magical). It's a gift for a friend I need to send out soon-ish. This is by far the smallest biscornu I've ever made, but I think it turned out quite nicely! I had one side done before, so I stitched up the back, added a long braided loop made from perle floss so it can easily by attached to a pair of scissors and finished with some beads from my stash.




Next, I picked up Sophie Sheep. I had actually worked on her for quite a bit since I last showed her, but she was so close to being finished that I wanted to hold of sharing her until she was done, and then life happened. I only had to add about half of the pink beads, do the backstitching, add the button and pop her into this cute white frame I got for her, et voilá! I'm super in love with her and really looking forward to starting one of the other two in her series.

Then I decided to finally give the Magical Mystery SAL from Easter a finish-finish. As I had already done all the stitching, this went fairly quickly; I decided on a biscornu without the center depression (I didn't want to obscure the center of the front design or the writing on the back) and since I wasn't 100% satisfied with any of my bead options, I went with a two coloured beaded edge. Feels good to get stuff done :)


Last and certainly least, as it really wasn't a lot of work left to do, I fully finished my Floral Watering can by sewing an additional bit of the perforated paper to the back and having Felix glue the magnet to it. Sadly, the glue seeped through to the front a little, but it is hardly visible. I'll try looking into different glue options for the next one, though!


3 comments:

Pamela said...

Great finishes! Have you seen magnets that have a peel off tape on one side and are sticky under the tape? No glue needed.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice FFO'ing. Love the biscornus in particular.

Kaisievic said...

Lots of lovely stitching, Lenore but I think that Sophie the sheep is my very favourite.