Sunday 23 September 2018

Painting with Diamonds


Diamond Painting has been really 'in' for some time now - long enough to convince me it's not just another very short-lived fad - and I had been tempted to try it for for quite a while, only I was torn between not wanting to buy one of the cheap Chinese copy-right-ignoring kits and not wanting to spent tons on one of the legit kits before knowing if I like the craft (or ending up with one of the very, very basic ones you can get for less money). So a while back, I had a look around and found some middleground - a kit that wasn't too small (about 60x60 'stitches') and not too expensive (about 12€) - so I decided to finally give it a try.





I have to admit, I really enjoyed it. At times it felt a little like 'cheating' as it's so quick compared to cross stitch, but it's nice and mindless and I think I just enjoy anything that works off of a pattern (or a painted canvas in this case!). The result is pretty, too - all sparkly and not as coarse as I was afraid it would be (it's about 10ct. It's funny how the stones look so small but then when I stitch on 14ct I feel like the stitches are huge!) I'm pretty sure I'll do more of these, maybe kit some up myself. The only problem is how to decide which patterns to stitch and which to DP, but I have a few plans...well, maybe next year.

4 comments:

Kaisievic said...

I've never heard of diamond painting - how interesting.

rosey175 said...

Diamond painting seems interesting, kind of like perler bead art which had a flame of popularity too. Cheating in cross stitch is totally okay. Just makes more space for MOAR STASH \:D/

D1-D2 said...

These kits are really addictive once you start them. I bought two of them at a show a few years back. I finished one within a few days, but still have the other one.

Bethan said...

I've never heard of diamond painting - it looks quite interesting! Can you buy just the pieces or can you only buy them as part of a kit? x