Saturday 29 September 2018

Swinging the hook

Lately, I've been really into crochet (once again...you know how this stuff comes and goes in waves) and of course, I had a few new starts...three, to be exact. But I had good reasons for each of them and now I only need to finish them before the wave if over!

The first one was because Frog and Toad, one of my favourite amigurumi designers, was looking for German proof readers, and even though I have a lot on my plate recently, I just couldn't resist. I offered my help and I got to proof read the German version of their super cute Reindeer pattern. And since I also got permission to use the pattern myself, I couldn't resist, bought some brown cotton and started. I really hope to get this one done before Christmas :)

Next up was two weeks ago when we were visiting Felix' parents. I needed a good project to travel with and also a bit of cheering up after a very stressfull week, so I picked a very cheery yarn from my stash and started a free pattern I've had on my todo list for a while, the Halata shawl by MorbenDesign. It's a pretty simple pattern - six rows repeat over and over, so I can work it without checking the chart, and I really like it so far! The yarn was a monthly thing by Garnstube last year.


And then, after some looking around on ravelry, I finally had an idea what to do with this yarn that has been in my stash for ages! It took a bit of playing around with the needle strength and tension, but I think this will work out. I'm not yet telling what it is, but here is a little bit over one ball done (of nine...although I can only fine eight right now, I know there's one more hiding somewhere!)


4 comments:

Pamela said...

How pretty! The shawl is going to be absolutely gorgeous!

Astrids dragon said...

All great starts, I really need to look into learning how to crochet!

rosey175 said...

The reindeer is super cute! I think pattern proofing is a great thing but I'm far too slow to offer up services haha.

Nine balls, maybe an afghan? That's really neat looking yarn! Is it a ribbon in the center with yarn twisted around?

Bethan said...

Some lovely projects - I'm very excited to see your reindeer! x