Thursday 29 February 2024

February WIPocalypse

Once again, the end of the month hits me completely unprepared...and that with the month being a day longer and all! But that shall not keep me from jumping right into the February WIPocalypse post, and making the rest up as I go.

First, the question of the month - What stitch-a-longs (SALs) are you participating in this year? Most of them are monthly blogging things - I do Rachels Fully Finished Gallery on the 10th of the month, and the Smalls SAL on the last Friday, as well as Jo's Gifted Gorgeousness and, of course WIPocalypse! I also joined a 'Year of the Dragon' SAL on Facebook and WIPGO, which fits nicely as they both focus on my Guardian of Wayfarers.

Now for my stitching this month, it was not as successful as it was in January, but I still met my goal of one length a day and filled in some of the empty space around the middle of row two:

I added just 1379 stitches this month and didn't quite make another page finish - not enough to finish the whole piece at this rate, but I'm not giving up just yet! I did reach one mile stone, and that was 600 hours stitched on this design. At just over 83%, I have a feeling I might hit 700 before it is done...

Now for the making-it-up-as-I-go part: It's the one stitch a day challenge again in March, and since I still haven't made it any further, I am once again participating with my Meadow tablecloth. I think for once I will actually ry to make it every day and not just hit the total number of stitches...I finally want this finished!

5 comments:

Carol said...

Even though you feel like you didn't achieve much, I can see a difference. This is looking more and more beautiful, Leonore! Enjoy your weekend--and Happy March ♥

diamondc said...

Hi Leonore: Catching up on blogging, your Autumn design is lovely, I gave up stitching for Lent and can only enjoy reading and commenting on blogs about stitching, I am looking forward to Easter Sunday to get a needle and fabric in hand.

Catherine

Keebles said...

I'm not good at SALs, I don't "play well" with others. I think it's my ODD, if I'm doing something on my own, it's one thing, but being in a situation where something is "required", I suddenly have this overwhelming urge to buck authority and not do it, even in voluntary situations. But I love to cheer on those who do it!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on Autumn! 600 hours is amazing! I kind of wish I tracked hours but it’s just too difficult for the way I fit my stitching into my day!

Toki said...

It's a big work, so even if there are a lot of stitches, it's definitely progressing even if it's not noticebl.😊