Tuesday 20 February 2024

February Gifted Gorgeousness

Welcome to the February installment to Jo's Gifted Gorgeousness, one of my all time favourite SALs! As I said last time, for the forseeable future, I will be very busy making gifts for various babies in my life, and I started with one I had planned for a long time: A scrap blanket. When I finished the Little River Blanket years ago (the yarn for which was a gift, by the way!) I ended up with little leftovers of all different colours. Since then I had made plans to turn them into granny squares, adding some white to bind everything together and make the squares the right size. And now, after some experimenting, I figured out what size square to make, and here we go!

I'm currently working on this a little every day and might be able to finish all ~50 of the squares by late March, at which point I will attach them and add a border. Not sure about the exact layout yet, I'm making this up as I go!

Oh and by the way, that little basket I put everything into? Made from some yarn a friend gave me years ago, cause I got annoyed with all the little yarn balls and finished squares cluttering up my space. Bam, triple entry! (Blanket is a gift, colourful yarn was originally a gift, plus the yarn for the basket...)


5 comments:

Pamela said...

I love that this is a triple entry! I am always looking for ways to use and not waste my small bits.

Rachel said...

What a lovely idea for using a lot of your leftover bits and pieces. You can't go wrong with a baby blanket!

Tiffstitch said...

I love the basket, the rectangular nature helps with organization vs. circular I bet! Good luck on the granny squares, you'll get it done.

Toki said...

Hi Leonore. The little box you knit is like a cradle for furballs. The photo looks like a piece of work.😌

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Love the triple Gs. Also love all the new babies in your life.