Sunday 31 December 2023

Some last finishes...

So here I am again, rearing my head after being offline for a couple well deserved days of friends and family time after the holidays, trying to get some tidying done - both physically (cleaned out and organized the snack cabinet earlier...so much snacking!) and online, by getting this blog ready for the new year! I've had some last successes during the last couple weeks that I haven't talked about yet, and really wanted to get them on her in the correct year, at least! 

In an effort to reduce my number of WIPs a bit more, I picked up two Christmas-appropriate, long time WIPs in December, with the goal to get them off the list...and I did! 

First was this set of Bascetta starts - I started them in 2018-ish. It's a paper folding technique in which you fold 30 identical shapes from square paper, then combine them into a big, 3D star. I worked on the first one a little here and there but never actually sat down to focus on it. Which is a shame because now that I did, it took about an hour to finish the first one, and two hours to do the second one from scratch! Sadly they came a little late to join this year's decorations, but will be ready for next year.

The second project was also started around 2018, and it's a little Reindeer amigurumi. I didn't actually pick this one out myself, but was helping out the designer (FrogAndToad) by proof reading the German version of the pattern, and started it to test out some sections. I finally picked him back up again to finish off the big parts in November for one of my stitching games, then added all the small parts a couple days before Christmas. Isn't he cute? I'm not going to make another 8 of them as the pattern suggests, though!



3 comments:

Rachel said...

Well done on your end-of-year finishes! The stars look amazing and yes, the reindeer is adorable! I bet you're now wondering why you left them all so long to finish!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

THose stars are fabulous! I bet Jocondine would love them too.
The reindeer is adorable. I do like amigurami but not enough to learn to make them myself LOL

Toki said...

Congratulations on completing your star set. Look different to make.
The knitted reindeer is so cute.