Friday 22 December 2023

December Gifted Gorgeousness

Hello and welcome again to one of my favourite SALs, Jo's Gifted Gorgeousness, the all in one for all things gifted and giftee! Ah, December...*the* month for gift making, it would seem! As usual I made three ornaments to gift to my mother in law, sister and law, and...grandmother in law? but you won't see those today as I need them for other SALs...in fact, you've already seen one for FFG this week, and will see the next one tomorrow! I do have other things to show, though.

One was a pretty spontanous start and finish, born just from the need to knit with yarn that's a little thicker than sock weight...so I picked a kit for a loop scarf from my stash and when it was halfway done decided it would be a Christmas gift for my mum. Although I'll have a hard time parting with it because...just look at those colours...and believe me when I tell you it's sooo squishy!


My other project is the Spirits of Volcano wrap, the kit for which was a gift from my grandparents a few years back. I'm trying to do one part per month, but this time, due of end of year obligations, only managed half a part.


Yes, the next part is four of these supre pretty motifs using overlay crochet, in different colour combinations, and I finished two of them. Hopefully the other two will be finished soon, and maybe I can get started on part four as well!


2 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG in December with your lovely squishy yarn work! Such beautiful colours too.

Toki said...

The present for your mother is a bright but gentle color. Your mother will be kept warm.