Thursday 7 September 2023

The Cursed Zig-Zag Bag - 10 Hours

With the Zig-Zag Scarf done I needed a new easy break project (both Sekamelska and Delicate have been worked on plenty on lunch breaks and during meetings, but both have sections that need more focus as well) and so I decided to revive another long time WIP. Although this one could barely be called a WIP - I spent about two hours trying to start this in 2020, but it uses a bit of a different 'cast on' row and I just couldn't get it to look as neatly as I wanted, so I had nothing to show for it. On one boring care ride, I took this with me as my only distraction and tried again, and this time was satisfied. 

So I starting to set up the pattern, got a couple rows in, was feeling pretty good about myself...only to realize then when joining in the round, I had twisted my project, and now what was supposed to become a bag some day was now in a moebius loop. Rip rip goes the frog, back to square one (thankfully, I was able to save that 'cast on' that was giving me so much trouble, so not all was lost). So by the time this was finally going the right way, I had already 'wasted' about five hours! Still, I eventually got it right, and it's been growing nicely since, so gotta count it as a win. So this is technically-ten-but-actually-only-five hours of progress on this zig zag bag:

I don't think it shows in the picture, but the yarn is a colour gradient cake in pure cotton, the the blue will get lighter towards the top. This should become one very pretty bag when I finish it, which might be a while but at least it's well on the way now!


2 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That’s an interesting start! I’m sure it’s like my Turn, Turn project, all will become clear when we start to make them up!

Toki said...

I'm very interested in how the one in the photo will turn into a bag.