Tuesday 19 September 2023

Gifted Gorgeousness & Fully Finished Gallery for September

Well hello, beauiful people! This post is exciting for several reasons! For one, it is the first one I am writing from my new laptop. That's right, no more greenish tints and pink spots, I can see actual colours again - even prettier colours than before, as the display is better as the old one was to begin with, so I can't wait to explore all your blogs again! And secondly, I have returned from my first retreat, and I have much to share. That will, however, be a topic for another post - including all the stash I brought home, the stitching that happened, and the friends I met. Today, I am talking about something I stitched before, and for, the retreat. Just give me a moment and you will see why this is a perfect fir both for Jo's Gifted Gorgeousness, and Rachel's Fully Finished Gallery!

You see, one of the events held at the retreat was a smalls exchange, so even though my stitchy bug was a little awol at the time, I had to put some thought into what to make. You've already seen my first attempt, but it felt too small, too little, so I decided to give it another go, and went and bought a pattern I had been eying for a long time, and that was Ring a Ring of Foxes by FabyReilley Designs. 

I just loved the colours in this - autum colours are my favourites - and the little beads that look just like tiny berries! And then of course the foxes - aren't they cute?! I loved them, and working on this absolutely revived my stitchy bug! This reminds me so much of the Zoe Box I made some time ago, with the leaves and their different colours.

As you can probably guess by the stitching, this was finished as a not-so-little biscornu. Following the instructions, I did not put beads on the edge, but used different colours for the backstitched outline and the whip stitch, which gave the edge a very unique strip-ey look.

It was almost too precious to give away, but I did so anyway. It want to Veerle form the Netherlands - I don't know if she got a blog, but she is @verle1606 on Instagram.

The whole exchange was held by randomly picking out a packed object, and the package was supposed to give you a general idea of what was inside. Mine had a dried leaf on it, and inside was this beauty:

!!! I love it so much! Thank you for this wonderful gift, Franziska aka Colourfever Floss (if you don't know her, check out her Etsy shop filled with wonderful hand dyed silks and cottons. And if this doesn't convince you, just wait until I post about my stash purchases!)

So that's it from me this month (well, for these two SALs at least, I have lots more to post) - see you soon, my friends!

6 comments:

Pamela said...

I love the fox biscornou!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. That biscornu is amazing! I love the little foxes, especially as they are not all the same. Makes it more fun to stitch. Looking forward to hearing more about the retreat.

Carol said...

So glad you got a new laptop and had fun at the retreat! I would have a hard time giving away the little fox piece you created, too, Leonore--it is just darling! You received such a pretty piece in return as well. Looking forward to hearing all about the retreat. ♥

Astrids dragon said...

You had a fabulous fox finish, I'm not sure I would have wanted to give it away either!
You received a lovely piece, is it a little pouch? I can't tell from the photo.
I'm glad you had a great time at the retreat and I'm looking forward to hearing more about it.

diamondc said...

Leonore: I really like fall designs this one is beautiful.
Love the biscornu, it is lovely.
Lovely gift exchanges.

Catherine

Toki said...

Very cute biscolf. The designs and colors are really nice.
Because you made a wonderful Biscornu, wonderful things came to you.