Wednesday 6 September 2023

August WIPocalypse

So once again I am checking in for the monthly WIPocalypse SAL, still a little late, still not quite caught up on everything I wanted to post about, and certainly not caught up on everything I wanted to stitch on!

So my confession this month is that I have not touched The Loneliness of Autumn, my monthly SAL with the wonderful Rachel, at all. I've been carefully reviving my stitchy bug, had two new starts and managed to finish them both, but the second one, which was an exchange gift for my reatreat next week (and you will get to see it after that!) took up all my time. I just barely managed to finish it yesterday, and have to admit that by the end of it, I was quite 'over it' - it's super pretty but I just wanted it done and work on something else! So I pulled TLoA back out and hope to start working on it again today, hopefully catching up on some of the stitching I missed over the last couple months.

Sadly, this means that I don't really have anything to show for WIPocalypse this month. So I am only going to answer the monthly question, which is What is your comfort zone regarding the number of projects to have kitted and in progress at any one time? Now, I have a lot of kits and kitted up projects ready to go. I couldn't even tell you the number and I don't much care about it, either. Stash is just potential to me and I love having choices. I know I'm not spending more on it than I can afford or have space, so I'm not feeling all that guilty about it.

Projects in progress, however, is a different topic. My standard answer to the question used to be - around 50. For years, I had about that number of WIPs (mind you, if I'm talking number of WIPs, I mean all crafts combined, not stitching especially), and all attempts to get it down failed miserably. But I also didn't go over much, and I was pretty okay with that. This year, however, things changed, and suddenly I felt like that was *way* too much and I've even made some headway on getting the number down - to 43 currently. Which still feels like too much but I can only work so quickly, so things are moving in the right direction, but are moving slowly. I have not yet found my new 'comfprt zone' in terms of WIPs. I think I might want to get down to 30, but that will probably take another year at least to reach. We'll see how I'll be doing!

2 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I’m much happier having fewer WIPs but that’s because I’m stitching larger pieces these days so I’m getting far fewer finishes.

Toki said...

You always feel like you're in your comfort zone because you're always trying new things and having fun coming out of your stash.😊